When you are on the job, you always briskly do your tasks to meet the quality and deadlines that are set for you. You have so much to do on the already that you cannot think anymore about your safety. In such hustle and bustle of jobsite activities, in case you fall down while walking quickly, you always face risks of foot fracture, especially the toe area. While rushing to get done the routine workplace works, you cannot think or guess if your steel toe boots are made with a good safety toe protective cap or not. Daily you are just at the mercy of your safety footwear and hope that they will keep you safe from any foot or toe fractures.
Do not compromise your safety in the name of so-called safety footwear. Your safety footwear or steel toe boots or shoes must meet some specific footwear safety standards in order to keep you unharmed in the workplace. If any mishap happens and you fall off or any heavy object fall off on your feet, then the most likely outcome will be a toe fracture. Certainly, a person working on daily wages or a hard working needy worker in this era of inflation cannot afford such a disastrous accident. In order to save yourself from any serious injury and emergency, protect your feet especially your toes with good steel toe boots.
You can now choose a good pair of steel toe shoes by knowing whether they meet the safety standards. One of the footwear safety standards is the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) ASTM F2413–11 safety standard for toecap footwear. It gives an idea about the standard performance requirements for protective toecap footwear. This safety standard makes you aware of all the specifications that you should look for in your safety steel toe boots, so that you could protect yourself against a number of workplace risks that can cause you a serious harm. Footwear that utterly conforms to this safety standard should meet the following performance requirements:
- It should be impact resistant or shock proof for the toe area of footwear.
- It should have compression resistance for the toe area of footwear.
- It should have the metatarsal protection in order to reduce the risk of any injury to the metatarsal bones at the top of the foot.
- It must possess conductive properties, which could minimize the hazards that may result from static electricity buildup and reduce the risk of ignition of any explosive materials as well as volatile chemicals.
- It should provide you with electric shock resistance so that in case you accidentally step on a live wire you stay protected.
- It must offer static dissipative properties (SD) to reduce hazards due to excessively low footwear electrical resistance that may exist where SD footwear is required.
- Your steel toe boots must possess puncture resistance of footwear bottoms, so that any broken glass or pin could not penetrate near the foot area.
- Your safety steel toe shoes must also have a chain saw cut resistance and dielectric insulation.
The Working Person’s store is offering such steel toe shoes that conform to the ASTM F2413–11 safety standard in all of its specifications. Now keep your body safe from any mishap and enjoy the work with all of your energy and mind focused on the work because a distracted and fearful mind cannot produce brilliant results.